We are very proud to say we are enrolled in Jigsaw’s One Good School initiative.
Jigsaw is the national center for youth mental health in Ireland.
The One Good School Initiative involves a whole school approach, aimed at supporting the mental health and wellbeing of young people and those around them.
OGS will involve:
- A wide range of activities, based on the school’s needs. These include face-to-face classes, events and online learning options.
- Topics include managing exam stress, anxiety in the classroom, how to get help and self care.
- Young people are the experts in what affects them. Therefore, pupils will have the opportunity to lead, support and promote mental health in Maryfield.
- Right now, we are establishing a One Good School team, made up of school management, teachers, pupils and parents. Their job is to roll out the programme in the school.
- Team members will receive training from Jigsaw. Between now and the summer, they will complete 5 team tasks. One would be to assess the needs of the school in order to plan for September.
- Pupils and parents will start with an online course.
For more information, click here: